Friday, October 27, 2006

9/8/80

Eight weeks ago, I put in a request for an alternative work schedule. I wanted to work Tuesday through Friday from 7AM until 6PM starting the beginning of October. The next Monday, The Supervisor came over to me and said that JSIC would never approve of that schedule. She told me that he didn't want anyone working those hours. She handed me back my request, without signing it (which she's supposed to do whether she approves it, or doesn't), and told me she'd be happy to give me the other alternative work schedule.

The other alternative work schedule is a 9/8/80. That means in a two week period a person works one eight hour day, eight nine hour days, and has one day off.

I thought about it for a while and then three weeks ago, I put in for the 9/8/80, with every other Monday as my day off (starting on November 13th) and those eight nine hour days would be from 8AM 'til 6PM. The next Monday, The Supervisor came over to me and said she couldn't approve it because she doesn't know if the state allows people to stay until 6PM, but she'd speak with JSIC to make sure. The next day she came to me and said she'd spoken with JSIC and he didn't know and he said he'd check into it.

Yesterday, I went to The Supervisor and asked her if there'd been any answer about my alternative work schedule because I wanted to start it next week. She told me that wouldn't be possible but she spoke with JSIC on Wednesday (I think she was bullshitting me) and he still hadn't heard from the personnel department, but he's sent several e-mails. She told me to be patient and maybe I'd get it approved before December.

It's nice to know that the people I work for want to help their employees.

No comments: