Friday, October 20, 2006

Election Coming

I voted last night. (Absentee!) Filled in several bubbles completely, leaving no white areas, with a number two pencil.

I voted for the weasel, not the block of wood because I'm hoping that the celebrity of the block of wood will wear off in the next eighteen days and the people of this state will realize that the block of wood hasn't been much of a leader. In nineteen days I expect to have my hopes crushed.

I really want to get into this whole thing, especially the history of all of this and then the dumbest move ever for decreasing the state's debt. (I do not look forward to the day that those bonds come due. I guess cutting spending and increasing taxes just wasn't the way to go if you want to keep your popularity up and not actually govern.)

I can't get into it, though. I don't have the time and I can't conjure up the words to properly express my vehement repulsion at the ignorant voting masses.

I used to be one of those people who believed that everyone should vote; now I'm a person who thinks that only people who go out of their way to become informed about the elections should be allowed to vote, but if that happened, I guess no one would be allowed to vote in the US of A.

2 comments:

Ragnell said...

See, I voted absentee too. I went for the block of wood over the weasal, because in my state the weasal was the incumbant.

ticknart said...

Is it wrong that I feel a bit reassured that probably all elections in all fifty states are between a weasel and a block of wood?