Friday, November 03, 2006

Walk Sleeping

I only wrote about 800 words last night. I wasn't feeling well, though. I shut the computer off and climbed into bed around eight and pretty much fell asleep right away. (Well, after I read the latest issue of 52. I don't want to be confused when Newsarama posts their weekly interview with the editor of the comic.)

I woke up this morning just as tired as I was when I went to bed, but I climbed out of bed and shuffled to the kitchenette and made a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich for breakfast. (I wanted strawberry jam, but it's gotten a bit old and sort of crystallized to the jar.) The food didn't wake me up, neither did the shower, nor the walk to work. (No rain today, just clouds that I'm hoping will open up and dump down on us.)

I'm afraid this means I'm approaching the ill event horizon. I'd like to pull away before I get caught in it, but if it's unavoidable, I'm ready for the ride. The main thing I wonder, though, is why, if I'm going in, it had to happen on the weekend? Couldn't it have held off until Sunday night so I could ditch work on Monday?

If I'm out on Monday, which I doubt I will be I'll probably be just fine then, I'll spend the time that would have been spent at work watching Wonderfalls, which I had returned to me last weekend. It's a good way to spend a sick day.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Monday is the best time to be "sick". Go with it. We all need mental health days.

choochoo said...

I agree with Jazz. I had a mental health day on Thursday, which ment that I had a whole week off. So really, I had a mental health week. Gotta love those.

ticknart said...

I haven't done a mental health day since junior high. Everytime I think about taking one, I feel guilty. I don't know why.

choochoo said...

Yeah, I used to feel the same way. The trick is to take lots of sickdays. That way, the guilt will gradually dissapear until you no longer give a damn.

ticknart said...

Did you take them all at once, or spread it out?

choochoo said...

I spread most of them out, and then I took some in clusters. That way, they carry more weight.