Thursday, November 16, 2006

Work Woes

If it's okay for an employee to sit her cell phone talking about her kid's grades and the grades of other kids, loudly, at her desk for twenty minutes, why am I not allowed to put my headphones on?

Today, I found out that something that was rather simple to do will probably be turning into a real pain in the ass. If a copy service is hired by another copy service, we need to find out who they ultimately work for.

Why? I asked.

To protect the injured worker. I was told.

From what? I asked.

We're not sure. You have to ask to find out. I was told.

And what if the copy service company doesn't know? I asked.

Then they need to find out. I was told.

What do I do then? I asked.

After you find out, you find out why they need to look at the file. I was told.

Why? I asked.

To make sure that the employee doesn't need to be notified. I was told.

But weren't we told in that painful "meeting" a couple of weeks ago that the only time we need to notify the injured worker is when it's for employment pre-screening which is a box that's supposed to be checked on the file request form so I have that answer already? I asked.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't check, even though we only notify the employee for employment pre-screening. I was told.

And after all that? I asked.

You get the file redacted so the copy service can look at it. I was told.

So, nothings really changed except I have to waste more time frustrating myself and the person who works for the copy service by asking questions that don't pertain to anything relating to the actual copying of the file because I can look at the request form to find out if the file needs to be redacted easily? I asked.

Yes. I was told.

6 comments:

choochoo said...

They're obviously asshats. You shouldn't have any problems taking over *evil laughter*

ticknart said...

I work for the governement. When you ask questions and disagree there's no way you can take over.

choochoo said...

but they're idiots. Just distract them with questions and then arrange a mutiny

ticknart said...

They're all idiots and an mutiny of one isn't much of a mutiny. It tends to turn into a slaughter.

Anonymous said...

'But they're idiots.' Yes: elected or appointed idiots. Indeed.

ticknart said...

Actually, all of the people in my office are hired idiots, not elected or appointed. Which doesn't bode well for the population in general.