Saturday, September 04, 2004

Can People Sneeze While They Sleep?

I am not a fifty-eight-year-old woman who weighs three hundred twenty-three pounds. (declarative)

Ignore the shrunken post. (imperative)

Won't you? (interrogative)

My dad turns fifty in a couple of weeks. When that day arrives, I'll be (about) half his age. That means the year I was born, he was my age (or turned my age at his next birthday). He had started a family at my age. (Thank you unprotected premarital sex for letting the world give me a shot at existence.)

At the rate I'm going, my penis will be falling off a rotting corpse before I even get a shot at starting a family.

Although, I have to admit to myself, I don't really know if I want to start a family. Sure, I'd like to find a woman to love and be with for the rest of my life (I'd prefer to go first, and probably would), but I've been wondering if children, or just child, would be part of that. What is in my genetic structure that future generations of humans need? I guess that if there's anything out of me that is needed, it's my desire for peace, but the way the world keeps pushing, it looks like more violence will be necessary for anyone to survive, unless, of course, there's some other-worldly enemy that can unite all of mankind, but is violence against a being so different it'll be very hard to understand it when we can barely understand ourselves? I guess that doesn't even work because then it's just violence against something other than humans, and violence is violence. Which really sucks.

Okay, I do think that children could be fun. Having a ball of fat and poop and drool would always make the day interesting. I know there's lots to learn from a human fluid machine. I can't really imagine what it's like being a parent, wanting to do everything for a little being that has no idea. Watching it learn and change and think and grow must be an amazing thing. But is it fair to bring one of these remarkable creatures into this world?

I'm just not as sure anymore as I used to be.

Maybe I'm only thinking this because I haven't had sex since Nixon was promising "Peace with Honor." Maybe.

Maybe I'm only thinking this because I don't like dating and find it to be too full of petty bullshit that drives me nuts. Maybe.

Maybe I'm only thinking this because I think that no matter which guy gets elected president the whole world is getting screwed. Maybe.

No matter what's done, the next generation is fucked, isn't it?


Another bit of Useless Writing.

No comments: