Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Front is Back, and so is the Back!

Well, I'm back from my trip to Cowtown. Dad's birthday was yesterday, but his party was on Saturday because that's when people could be up. Both brothers made it. One significant other to a brother made it and they brought their dog (who was on her period, but still cute and charming) and a very new (three weeks old, I think) kitten. Both sets of grandparents were there, even the ones who have to travel more than an hour. I don't think I've seen them since Easter, so that was great. All the uncles and aunts and cousins who live near by showed up. I had the opportunity to make them all (who were old enough to understand) disgusted (with only two words and a crude gesture), which is always fun. The aunt and uncle from out of county couldn't make it because my aunt had surgery, a skin cancer take off the back of her calf, Saturday was the first day she was allowed to be on her feet for an hour at a time. I'm hoping she'll be better soon.

As you can tell from the comic strip I did earlier (if it showed up on the page), I worked two days at my old store. It was fun and... not so fun. Not so fun because, even if it's with people I like to work with, I'm working at a 'Bucks. The same crap goes on everywhere. It was fun because people there are willing to be crazy. When I turn around and ask what soy nipples look like, they don't look at me like I'm crazy and then walk away, they answer me. (Apparently, soy nipples are just a darker shade of brown, and poke out a little. The machine that gets the milk from the bean has really tiny, little suction things.) Several customers recognized me. Not only by appearance, but they still remember my name and asked if I was coming back to stay. So, either I was quite good and they like me making their drinks, or every one else just sucks a whole lot. I'd like to think it's the first.

Alright, I'm off to Nemo's Realm. Must be at normal 'Bucks at five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We tried to make it also. Had a prior commitment.
The Great Uncle