Thursday, September 09, 2004

Whoopy

Work is going much better than it was a week or so ago. I’m, more or less, back to my old self there. Quiet. Often humming or singing under my breath. (Today, songs from the musical Buffy episode, tomorrow, the world!) And, every now and then, throwing out a weird or biting comment.

Two days ago, I got off a nice zinger at the expense of Assistant Manager #1. She was the one in charge of the money, supposed to get us lowly peons change and whatnot. She played Shift Supervisor, but she kept forgetting to do the things she was supposed to do. “I’m a horrible Shift Supervisor,” she said.

I turned to her, looked her in the eye, and said, “That’s why you’re an Assistant Manager.”

Her eyes bulged. I started snickering. GIESW started snickering. FLIG had a nervous grin on. FABP looked a little scared. #1's cheeks puffed. I started to laugh. #1 smiled and said, “Oh, that was kind. That was nice. Who are you?”

Later, #1 headed out front to do some cleaning, as she walked out she said to GIESW, “I’m doing a spin. Maybe you could help me first and pull the knife out of my heart.” She turned to me and spoke louder, “The one [ticknart] shoved in there.”

I started laughing more.

I can’t be honest and say that I’m happy there, but “I have to admit, it’s getting better, a little better all the time.”

No comments: