Thursday, September 02, 2004

Many Crammed Into One

I'm sitting here in the dark, illuminated only by my computer screen, because I can't sleep. As tired as I feel, I can't sleep. I was in bed for over two freakin' hours trying to get into Slumberland, but didn't even come close. Sure, I don't have to be awake until seven, but I still feel exhausted. What to do? I don't want to read. Hell, I don't really want to be writing this right now. I want to be asleep. I don't care if I have a nightmare or a regular restless night, I just want to sleep. Eyes close, consciousness drift away, and me away from the world for at least eight hours. Is that so much to ask? I heard, on NPR, about a farm in Poland that's been getting crop circles every summer since 2000. The farmer has a little booth that sells t-shirts, balloons, and blow-up aliens in silver suits. He claims he's not in it for the money. Last year, he charged people to see his crop circles, but people complained. This year, there's been a 15% drop in the number of people, he said he was disappointed in that number, but only because people are missing out on the spirituality of it all. Some guy, who believes these crop circles are real, tried to record them getting made, but had his cameras pointed at the wrong field, so he missed it. Too bad for him. Just found a blog (bet you can't guess how I found it) that, along the side, has written on it ~Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Blog~. This made me laugh. She also has excellent taste in Muppets. Writing of Muppets, I ordered the Jim Henson's The Storyteller. I want this to come very quickly. The story I'm most looking forward to seeing is "Death and the Soldier," of which I have vivid memories. I suppose, after buying this one, I'll have to get the Greek Myths. *happy sigh* Now, if only they'd release the Muppet Show in season sets, instead of only three episodes per disc and do amazing releases of The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan before more performers die. I won't hold my breath, though. Just like I'm not holing my breath to find a job that stimulates my brain and I enjoy going to on a daily (or semi-daily) basis. At least my dad got one of those. Maybe one of my brother's will as well. It's funny, I haven't seen my brothers since June. Before that, I hadn't seen them since Easter. We all went to visit our parents in August, but at separate times. In fact, I missed one by a few hours because I had to be to work at four the next morning. We used to see each other each day. And, other than that time one of them kicked me in the balls (I'm sure I deserved some pain, but a kick in the balls is never deserved unless your life is threatened.), I think we got along well. The three of us shared a room until I was in fifth grade. After I turned eleven, I thought I deserved my own room, and actually got it (as long as I'd give it up when company stayed the night, then I got the couch, but it was worth having my own room). Sometimes I miss them. They rarely missed an opportunity to throw out a Simpsons quote. They're the hardest people I know to gross out because once one of us says something, the others have to try to do on better, and if our mom gets involved it can be truly insane. Also, they're the only people I actually trust to be honest with me about... everything and anything. Yeah, I miss them right now. Well, it's getting up there in time and I still have to sleep because I still have school in the morning.

No comments: