Thursday, September 16, 2004

An Idea Lost

I'm off to Cowtown tomorrow after class. It's the weekend of my Dad's birth. The brothers are supposedly going to be there on Saturday, as are both sets of grandparents (hopefully), all the in county uncles and aunts and cousins, and an aunt and uncle set who are two counties away, no matter how you drive, even though the county containing Cowtown shares a corner with the one that has my aunt and uncle. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping they'll all be there.

The only problem with this trip is that I don't have my Dad's gift. Yes, all you thinking I don't, I do have one for him, it just hasn't come yet. The place I ordered it from said it would take 2-4 weeks to get it, so I thought that ordering it 3 weeks in advance would be enough time. It wasn't. In fact, just this morning, I got an e-mail from the place saying that it was shipped yesterday and I should allow 2-3 weeks to recieve the package. Oy.

What am I going to do? I'll tell you. I'm gonna print out a picture of the thing (at my parent's house because I don't have a printer), put the picture in a card, and give the card to my Dad. I know he'll like his gift, even if he has to wait another couple of weeks before I get it and can mail it to him. I know he'll understand.

1 comment:

Queenie said...

Have fun.
Try to make a special time for you and Dad.
Something you know he will love.

Q