Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good-Bye Everwood

I watched the series finale of Everwood again last night. I'm really going to miss the show. Not that (m)any of you would understand. You didn't watch it. You don't know how well acted and scripted and directed it was. You missed out. From now on, I'll be missing out, too.

While I was thrilled that Everwood was able to have a final episode, I was disappointed with the end. I know that the writers and produces and the whatnots wanted happy endings that tied up the major romances, but, to me, that was far too simplistic for this show. Since it's beginning, Everwood has been about people making mistakes and learning from them, only to realize that in the process of learning nothing is completely fixed, nothing comes out perfectly. The life of these characters was messy, most of their endings weren't. If I could change the finale, I'd make the Amy/Ephram ending closer to the Bright/Hannah ending. That's just me, though.

To read a pretty good review of the last episode, check out what Matt Roush wrote.

On another note, I don't know what's wrong with me. I still don't feel too well. My stomach is achy on the top part and my head feels like it's being pressed in on five sides.

No comments: