Thursday, June 15, 2006

Streaming

I'm sure if I just start doing a stream of consciousness thing here I'll find something interesting to write about. Well, maybe not "interesting," but I'll at least write about something.

Was it just yesterday when I complained about baby gifts? It seems like I did that so much longer ago. It's only been a day. Is it just me, or has this week just crawled slower than a baby that's taken a Valium? At least sleeping lets me know another day has passed because if I didn't have that to break-up the week I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from one to the next. Actually, I could check to see if the pants and shirt I'm wearing are different from the ones I wore yesterday, but since I can't ever remember what I actually wore yesterday I'd never be sure. Unless my socks got hard. Do socks get hard on your feet in your shoes if you wear them for 72 hours? I'm sure someone out there has tried it before.

Yesterday was the farmer's market thing here. (They call it something different, though. I think they do it so people like me, who sometimes take things too literally.) It's mostly built up of boothey things that have people selling jewelry or where local, sometimes chain, restaurants are selling food at prices higher than they sell the food for at the restaurants' physical locations. Anyway, I actually remembered that it was farmer's market day and brought some money with me. For the past two (three?) weeks I've been walking through it with no money and therefore don't buy anything, but yesterday was going to be different. I was going to buy some smoked salmon. Each time I walked through, it's in the middle of a street I can walk down to get to my apartment, I've seen this guy sitting at a card table with a cooler and a sign that said "Home Smoked Salmon" and I wanted some. He wasn't there yesterday, though. Maybe he ran out. Maybe he'll be back next week. I can only hope he will be and that I'll remember to bring my money.

Tonight, I'm going to watch my Arrested Development season 1 DVD, eat some chocolate Teddy Grams, read a book that I've read before, and sleep. How about you?

1 comment:

ticknart said...

I'm more of an Illusions man myself. There's something about having a plane that doesn't need gas and never gets dirty.