Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The List For 2-7-07

Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil #1
52 #40
Green Lantern #16
newuniversal #3
Ion: Guardian of the Universe #10

Notes:

Ion: Guardian of the Universe #10
Has anything in the way of a coherent story happened in this book since Kyle got off of Mogo? Yeah, I enjoyed the gladiator issue--it was fun--but I keep thinking that Kyle should stop thinking of his power as ring based, or at least based in his hands, and start using his whole body. This issue was interesting, what with bringing the Bleed to the DCU and having Captain Atom admit to mucking around in the Wildstorm Universe, but I was hoping for some real storytelling between the Tangent characters and Kyle, but that didn't happen, he just banished them back to the lantern. And the thing that really pissed me off is how Kyle just ran the lantern back to OA and handed it over to the Guardians without even wondering about the thing. What happened to his curiosity?

newuniversal #3
I guess this is for fans of the old New Universe because I'm just not interested in what's going on here. I bought this one hoping that Mr. Ellis would do something intriguing. He didn't. I'll probably buy the next issue and the one after that hoping the same thing. Please, please, live up to possible potential.

No comments: