Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Brain Is Frazzled

I should have tried writing this earlier. Like when I first got to work, but I couldn't. Strange things are afoot. Strange things that are turning me into a worrier and keeping me from sleeping well at night, or, at least, last night, quite possibly tonight will be better, that remains to be known.

Anyway, I think the interview and test went very well.

The test was really easy. The first part was picking the best word (or words) to complete the sentence. The second part was about picking the correct word (think two, to, and too). The third part was reading a paragraph and answering questions about it. And the final part was math--adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, nothing more challenging--and I was given a calculator.

The interview was very comfortable. One of the first questions I was asked, before I even sat down, was if I dressed up for Halloween and then they told me about how last Halloween they hired a choreographer to teach them how to do the Thriller dance. The one guy who was interviewing me laughed at my Olympics joke. One lady got excited about the TV show Heroes and when I said I hadn't watched it because I don't have TV right now she took the time to explain it to me. The other lady went to the same school and graduated from the same department as me.

The interview didn't feel like an interrogation. It felt like they wanted to get to know me and to see if my square peg could fit comfortably in their round hole.

Now I just have to wait some more.

And thanks to all who sent their good vibes, even if the first of the bunch was written about an hour after the interview.

Oh, to answer the couple of questions in that last post, it's never too late for good vibes. And I did buy a new tie. In fact I bought one of those shirt/tie combo packs (on sale!) so I'd have them match. (I'm not good with the whole matching thing. I happen to like plaid and strips together.)

2 comments:

Jazz said...

A word of advice.

Never mix plaid and stripes in an interview.

Just sayin'

Oh, and still vibing the interview people so they give it to you.

ticknart said...

Jazz, I know never to mix plaid and stripes. I realize I don't really have a sense of taste. I do my best to work around it.

And thanks for the vibes. They can only help, right?