Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Work 'n Stuff

It is 4:45 PM and my Inbox is over flowing with work that wasn't completed by GICS before he went on his six weeks of family leave time (His girlfriend had his baby. (Well, we assume it's his baby.) Does anyone want to have my baby so I can take six weeks of leave time? Please? We don't have to get married or anything. And after the initial six weeks I'd be happy to stay out of your life and the baby's life. Hell, I'm willing to take those six weeks and not even involve myself in your lives for that short amount of time.), work that was put in there yesterday afternoon, and work that was put in there this afternoon. I spent yesterday doing work from Friday and boxing files. I spent today boxing files and finishing work that came in of Friday. Tomorrow, I think I'll take it easy.

Thursday, I won't be here at all. And for those of you who thought you'd call me early on Thursday, don't. I'm unplugging my phone until after I wake up. I don't want no 6:30 wake-up call when I can sleep in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, heck! Can't you leave your phone and machine on and just turn off the ringer and the volumne?

ticknart said...

I can't turn the ringer off on the base. Or at least I can't figure out how to turn the ringer off on the base. That's what I get for buying the cheapest phone I could find, that had an answering machine that didn't need a cassette, that is.