Monday, September 24, 2007

40 Things I Don't Know or Can't Remember:

  1. The names of the President of Mexico and the Prime Minister of Canada.
  2. How to tie shoes using the "Bunny Ears" method.
  3. How to make pancakes or waffles without using a mix.
  4. What truffles taste like.
  5. What wicker is made of.
  6. The longitude and latitude of where I live.
  7. The amperage required to take down a cow.
  8. What a sunrise looks like over an ocean.
  9. The smell of a mango blossom.
  10. How Pantone colors are made and what they smell like.
  11. The sound that a yak makes.
  12. When and where the next partial or full solar eclipse will be.
  13. The temperature of Io.
  14. Where dying elephants go.
  15. The unrecorded sound of Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald.
  16. When I gave up on God.
  17. Perl and Unix.
  18. Where peanuts grow.
  19. What a diamond feels like.
  20. How to water ski.
  21. Geo-Force's powers.
  22. The names of the constellations and their stories.
  23. Bronze.
  24. Richie Rich's mother's name.
  25. The life cycle of coral.
  26. Who the voice of Mr. Owl was.
  27. How to follow a pattern and sew.
  28. Why people assume certain groups of people are all the same.
  29. Hearst Castle.
  30. The smell of the Bonneville Salt Flats.
  31. The sound of the Mississippi.
  32. The difference between waxing and waning.
  33. Who first set the first calendar.
  34. Why AT&T eliminated Northern California's speaking clock.
  35. The texture of a walrus's fur.
  36. What Reykjavík looks like.
  37. How a lighter works.
  38. The core temperature of Betelgeuse.
  39. The first island Odysseus visited.
  40. Windows Vista.

5 comments:

geewits said...

Well I just saw a whole show on the life cycle of coral and it was AWESOME. Some of your stuff made me teary (poor elephants). But dude, waxing and waning? Waxing is getting fuller and waning? Not so much. Great list Josh.

Jazz said...

1. Ours is Stephen Harper, but you can call him Bush's bitch.

2. the chocolates or the mushrooms?

24. Regina Rich I think. And why the hell do I know that?

ticknart said...

Geewits -- Waxing and waning was something I couldn't remember, and I'll probably forget which is which by the next time I see the moon.

Jazz -- The mushrooms.

Jazz said...

Too bad. The cocolates are yummy. The mushrooms. The only thing I know is that apparently pigs dig 'em out of the ground because they love 'em so much. 'Nuff said.

ticknart said...

Jazz -- I know what the chocolates taste like. I've had those, well not as much as my tongue would like, but enough so I can remember the creamy chocolate.

I've never had the mushrooms before.