Friday, September 07, 2007

Fiction Friday #10

Character Sketch #1

The smell of someones drying is coming through the window. They're using some sort of flowery smelling dryer sheets. At first it was nice, a smell to break up the stale smell of the night, since there's no breeze coming through the window. Now, though, it's annoying. The smell makes the air thick and heavy now, hard to breath in.

Shelia's laying in my bed, asleep. She snores lightly and occasionally shifts around. I have to turn around to watch her. I don't look, though. I'm worried that she might notice and wonder why I'm not in there with her.

I'm sitting here, bathed in the light of the monitor playing solitaire. I'm down by $572.

Shelia came over to my place just to hang out. My roommates have gone off on some road trip that I couldn't go on. No money. So, it was just the two of us tonight. We played some Mario Kart. (She was pretty good, but not great. I let her win, a lot.) We watched a couple of movies. We talked and laughed. We ordered Thai and had a few drinks. And then, suddenly, Saturday Night Live was on.

It was a rerun of an old Christmas episode. Helen Hunt was the host and Hansen was the musical, and I use that term lightly, group. It's a good episode. Lots of laughs for both of us.

At some point, I'm not sure when, she put her hand on mine. I remember turning mine over so I could hold hers, too.

After the show was over and the TV was off, we were quiet, which was strange for us. We always seemed to have something to say to each other. I don't-- I'm not sure who was the first one to move. I can't remember who first put lips on whom. I can only remember that suddenly we were kissing. It started off light. The way a good kissing session always starts, playful, getting to know how the other person reacts to certain small motions, learning the shape of the other's face, noses bumping too much. Touching it all lightly, feeling our way around each other. Then it became more... urgent. Not forceful, but harder. Tongues playing with each other. Lips lightly pulled on with teeth. Hands roaming over the other's body offering gentle suggestions of how to move together better with a little nudging.

My hands under her shirt feeling the warmth of her back. Her hands unbuttoning my shirt and then on my chest playing with my nipples. My fingers searching for a way to unclasp her bra. Her laughing a little, pushing away from me so she was sitting on my legs. Me smiling at her flushed face and her giggle. Her pulling her shirt over her head. Me sitting up to kiss her again and take my own shirt off and then search for the clasp again. Her pushing me down, laughing again, and unclasping the front of her bra saying that that was the problem. My face growing even more flush. Her moving forward to lay on me again. My skin tingling and the touch of her warmth against my chest.


I have to apologize to everyone out there. I couldn't go any farther with this. I lost what I started doing and then didn't know what I was writing about after I stepped away. So, this it where it stops.

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Had you gone any further with this, it would've become very unstuitable reading for work...

ticknart said...

*grin*

Thanks, Jazz. My big hope is that it's more sexy than lusty.

geewits said...

Oh, I thought it was a humor piece about not knowing that some bras unclasp in the front.

;)

ticknart said...

Geewits -- Maybe I should label it as fantasy.

*big grin*