Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lights?

So, I have decided that, unless it's an emergency, I'll no longer be driving my car after the sun sets.

The last three times I've driven my car at night--once in July, once in August, and then Monday night--the headlights flick off. The switch was on, still, but the lights were off. If I pulled and held the thing that switches between dim and bright, I could keep the brights on, but as soon as I let go of the switch, darkness.

That means, no They Might Be Giants later this month. (There are three locations within not insane driving distance. I'm glad I didn't buy tickets.) And no Avett Brothers.

Oh, well. At least, unlike in my last car, I'm not scared of driving during the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, talk to Dad about the lights. I know he changed the fuse or something one other time. I think it was an easy fix. I remember when they went out on me when I was dirving Sean's girlfriend home on Cedar Ridge. It was foggy so everytime I held that lever in, I couldn't see because the fog was so thick.

ticknart said...

When I asked about it, the last time I was up, he said he couldn't remember what he'd done to fix the problem.

Anonymous said...

...I remember this problem...

Jazz said...

Um... take it to a garage and have it fixed if changing the fuse doesn't work???

ticknart said...

AE -- Yeah, but when it happened then, we weren't more than an hour from home.

Jazz -- It's not a fuse. It has something to do with the steering wheel or something. And I really don't want to pay $100+ to get this problem fixed. I don't do much night driving.