Monday, September 10, 2007

Three Good Things

In a video blog celebrating the beginning of her third year of blogging, Ragnell asked the people who read her blog to post three good things of their own, this week.

I'm a reader and figure what the hell.

Here goes:

1) A friend got married on Saturday and I was there. I learned of the engagement two weeks ago. Everything was pretty last minute, but it came off well. (Except there was one woman there who's a coworker and she sort of took over and was bossy. The family seemed to want to get the crap over and move on to the food and friends, but bossy wanted kept pushing for pictures and stuff.) I'm really glad I got to go because the next one will be about 7500 miles away, but there were rumors of a reception back in The States.

2) I'm leaving work at one o'clock today. Sure, I'm going to the doctor for a follow up to be told that although my blood work is okay, I'm too fat, bat at least I won't be at work from one to five. On the way back, I'm going to buy some tomatoes and encourage the fat by having a BLT for dinner with a cup of cold root beer. Sometimes my life is wonderfully sweet and salty, almost like a honey-roasted peanut.

3) I've actually stuck to my Fiction Friday thing for 10 weeks. I've only written one thing that I was thinking about before I started, but that's okay as long as ideas are written somewhere, they're not lost. I didn't think I'd make it this far and I don't want to celebrate, now. When I reach 52, then I'll be really happy about it. When I get excited about writing each week, or I actually get ahead of the game, then I'll be really happy about. For now, though, I'm happy. I have an idea for this week and an idea for the next NaNoWriMo this November, which, for me and, is a good thing.

No comments: