Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Twinge

I tweaked my back yesterday. I'm not sure how because it didn't happen during the night or around my apartment in the morning or on the walk to work. No. It happened as I was stepping out of the elevator.

When I stepped forward with my right foot, my back protested. I took a step with my left foot, all was fine. Right foot, pain. Left foot, normalcy. Stopped, okay. Right, owwww. Left, nada.

Odd.

I walked into work, cringing at every other step. I sat at my desk. At first, there was a little ache, but it went away after about 30 seconds.

I stood up to go on my break, I was okay and hoped that it had gone a way. Right foot forward and a little gasp escaped.

All day it went on like that.

Walked back to my apartment with a limp that felt, and probably looked, awkward. It didn't hurt climbing the stairs, though.

When I got in bed, I felt better, but occasionally I moved my leg in some way and the back went, oh.

Been that way all day.

Hoping it doesn't get worse, I have a long drive tomorrow night.

8 comments:

heels said...

Mine is almost the same thing, except I can't step out with my left leg. Weird.

ticknart said...

It's obvious what we should do next: The Hoky-Poky. Then turn ourselves around.

Anonymous said...

You're driving back home tomorrow night, my brother and I are driving home Thurs morning. When are you leaving? Maybe we can meet up sometime over the weekend?

-wings

geewits said...

I hope it's just a fluke and clears up. And I hope you have a great holiday!

ticknart said...

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

ticknart said...

Now that that's out of my system:

Wings -- I'm leaving Cowtown on Sunday and spending Saturday in Merced for my grandma's birthday. Friday?

Geewits -- It's worse, actually. It feels more like a muscle thing than a back thing, now. Strange.

And you have a good holiday, too, even though you hate this one.

geewits said...

LOL! You remembered!

ticknart said...

'Course I remembered!