Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Canceled/Movie

As I was headed to the toilette this morning, here at work, I was called back because I got a phone call. Apparently it was confidential so they couldn't just leave me a message. When I got to the phone I learned that the class/orientation thing that I was supposed to go to tonight has been canceled, can I do it next Monday. No, I can't do it next Monday, I said. Oh, said the voice, do you have any questions or can I help you with anything else? When's the next one? I asked. Monday, said the voice. No, I said, I mean after that. Oh, said the voice, I don't know. Then I suppose you can't help me, I said. 'Bye. We hung up.

I'm still leaving at four today, though. I had to use vacation time because it wasn't an appointment, it was a class.

I'm going to the movies, then. I'm gonna see My Kid Could Paint That. It's only here for a week and I didn't know that it was local until yesterday. I hope is good.

4 comments:

geewits said...

Looks like an interesting movie. Maybe I've had too many beers but I got kinda lost on the "monday, no monday. monday?" class thing. Did you write that right? Is it just me?

choochoo said...

classes... Where you can sit for hours and hear stuff and then not remember any of it, and then you will have wasted a whooole day. Sigh.

Jazz said...

A four year old compared to Picasso? I think not. From the pics on IMDB it looks like the paintings any 4 year old would make, except maybe on a grander scale. I hope the money her parents are making off her is being kept for her - though somehow I doubt it.

ticknart said...

Geewits -- Actually, it was Tuesday, yesterday, but it was canceled, but I could go next week, but I can't go next week. And then, when I got back yesterday, they scheduled the class for Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving and told me to come then, but I'm leaving then. Shitheads.

Choochoo -- It's not quite that kind of a class. More handouts and less notes, really.

Jazz -- In the movie, there were no comparisons to Picasso because, really, a kid just screwing around is more likely to be a Pollock than a Picasso.

The movie's really about whether this kid is a genius or just a kid, whether she painted the things on her own or if her dad helped. It did a real good job of staying neutral and letting the viewers decide. I liked it, but I wish I had someone to talk with about the movie when it was over.