Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Note On How I Feel

I'm exhausted when I get to my apartment after work. If I thought I'd make it all the way until the next morning, I'd immediately (okay, I'd brush my teeth first) crawl into bed and sleep. But I know I can't. So I putter around. I heat up some food and I watch some TV on DVD. (This week, first season of Veronica Mars. If you haven't seen it put it in your Netflix queue. I doubt you'll regret it.) And I watch the clock. When 8 or 8:30 rolls around I pick myself up off the floor, clean up a bit, brush my teeth, and head off for my bed. And there I read. Some nights for a half hour some nights longer. When I'm done reading for the night, I turn off the light and hope that my brain will shut down so sleep can come soon. Eventually, my alarm clock EEEEENTs, sometimes waking me and sometimes only letting me know exactly what time it is, and I get up to get ready to go to a job that I hate.

5 comments:

geewits said...

Look into volunteer opportunities in your area. It will fill your time and make you feel better. AND look good on a resume. Let me know if you do this.

Mr. Jazz said...

Can you spell BURNOUT? Get some help Ticknart. I think you need it. And if you choose not to, you've got a long and painful road ahead of you. I sincerely hope you will pull out of this; hang in there ;-)

heels said...

It's not worth it. Almost any sacrifice is worth getting the fuck out of there. THIS IS CLEARLY NOT HEALTHY. No one should ever hate their job that much. Take a pay cut, live with your folks, get new job training- whatever! Just stop this cycle. Please? I know that cowtown isn't great, but at least you have friends (AHEM) here with whom you can get out of the house occasionally. We hate hearing about you feeling this way. Come home.

Jazz said...

Listen to Heels
Listen to Mr. Jazz
Listen to Geewits

You cannot keep on like this Tick. As my boy says, it does sound a lot like a burnout. Take care of yourself. It's just not worth feeling so bad dude.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone who has commented. What sort of job are you looking for? I can keep my eyes & ears open for anything in the cowtown area that may be of interest to you.