Monday, September 08, 2008

Travel Plans: 3 Months, 3 Travelings

Not that they're exciting.

October: Celebrate Columbus Day by leaving work at 1PM on Friday and staying to Cowtown until Monday. Only two things planned: 1. A brief visit with Grandparents (Friday before I head up to parents' house, or over the weekend if there's already a planned visit with parents and other possible family). 2. Wash laundry without having to bring $10+ in quarters.

November: Early morning flight on a Tuesday to Oregon (theoretically 90 minutes later, which is much better than a 12 hour drive) to spend Thanksgiving with brother (some great art from him) and his girlyfriend. Also hope to buy an on sale Wii and/or DS. I wonder if there's a Wal*Mart near where they live?

December: Christmas in Cowtown. I think brother back east is coming out with his girlyfriend.

If I had the money, the courage, the self-esteem, a passport, etc., I'd go to Taipei in January. I don't have any of those things, though.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes, there is a Wal*Mart.

ticknart said...

Then I'ma gonna hafta buy a paper and pull an add.

Do you think I could borry the car at 3 or 4AM on the 28th?

geewits said...

I'm glad you get to visit your brother. I'm flying on the 24th too! His art is great. Is he a painter or a computer graphics artist?

ticknart said...

He paints. Although if he has Photoshop he's probably been fiddling in there.

Anonymous said...

Brother back east IS coming out with his girlyfriend at Christmas time. They'll be flying into Oregon to pick up Oregon brother and his girlyfriend. Then the four of then are coming to Cowtown.

ticknart said...

That'll be one crowded house!

Jazz said...

Walmart is everywhere!!!!

ticknart said...

Sometimes it's a long drive, though.

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you get a Wii or DS, I we can exchange friend codes so that we can play online together.

ticknart said...

Well, we'd be able to exchange on DS since it's wireless, but there is no wirelessness at my apartment, so online'd be rare. I have no 'net connection at all, outside of work, so I'd never be online with a Wii.