Friday, September 19, 2008

Things I Did Today...

  • Bought a gift certificate for my dad's birthday, since I couldn't think of anything else to get him after a week of trying.
  • Learned that instead of five weeks away, my next turn at the front counter is in two weeks.
  • Got a new plan for how to use the new system at work, by using the new system as little as possible!
  • Took a pee. In the potty! Aimed for the freakin' bee. Left a pee for the next guy to take.
  • Took one break 30 minutes late and didn't get a chance to take the other.
  • Felt grateful for my parents.
  • Even the best option is worse than the old system.
  • Didn't talk like a fucking pirate once!
  • Read not nearly enough pages of my book.
  • Ate the last of some leftovers, this was day five. Don't think I'm sick of the meal, though.
  • Resisted the urge to explain to my supervisor why rotation is stupid and specialization would work better.
  • Listened as the left earphone died.
  • Thought about cheesy, garlicky, mashed potatoes that will be made tomorrow.
  • Moved all my crap back to my desk from the front counter desk.
  • Walked around clicking my pen.
  • Wondered why people I work with don't read much.
  • Worried about the state's budget, even if it does get signed this time.
  • Disappointed in my reaction to learning my cousin was in the hospital. Am I only occasionally such a bad person or am I always such a bad person?
  • Thought horrible thoughts.
  • Hopefully helped some people at the front counter.
  • Farted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your list!

Mmmmm, cheesy, garlicky, mashed potatoes, mmmmmm.

Jazz said...

Thought about cheesy, garlicky, mashed potatoes that will be made tomorrow.

The Mooooo got into my head. I swear I had copied that before I came into the comment section.