Sunday, October 19, 2003

Ashton Kutcher

He is the most overrated person in Hollywood. What's all the fuss about? I just don't see it. Sure, he has nice eyes, a firm ass, an ever popular square jaw, and is dating a quickly aging former "Brat Pack" member, but that does not a good actor make.

And I've heard him being compared to Cary Grant. Can you believe that, Cary Grant? Who the fuck was the idiot who started that bullshit? Maybe if Kutcher ever showed a brain, or class, or heart in any of his films (or in his too many MTV appearances) I may be able to forgive the people who repeat this, but not right now.

Let's compare:
Grant's been in films like Philadelphia Story, Arsenic and Old Lace, North by Northwest, and Bringing Up Baby.
Kutcher's been in: Dude, Where's My Car?, Just Married, and My Boss's Daughter.
Who's been in better films? And if you answered "Ashton has been in better films" you need to go and watch the four movies I've suggested for Cary Grant.

Kutcher's starred alongside people like: Seann (Why two "n's") Williams Scott, Brittany Murphy, Tara Reid, and (very soon) Steve Martin.
Grant's co-starred with people like: Priscilla Lane, Eva Marie Saint, James Stewart, and the greatest of them all Katharine Hepburn.
The only person I respect in Kutcher's corner is Steve Martin. He's worked with very few people that I respect. Grant's worked with the best of the best in acting, and in directing (Hitchcock anyone?).

Cary Grant had charm, grace, manners, and an enormous screen presence. Ashton Kutcher has none of these things. He's mostly just a jerk, I've seen Punk'd, and he's a real asshole on that show.

Kutcher's most famous for playing a moron, mainly in "That '70s Show," but he's only played a moron in all his films too. I even saw him on the Rosie O'Donnel show many years ago, and he seemed to be a moron in real live. I can't believe he tried to study Biochemical Engineering before he went off to be come a model.

The idiot sheep of the USA may think that Ashton Kutcher is worth watching, but I think that soon they will wake up and see him for the no talent pretty boy he really is. Oh, and if the Hollywood people out there are looking for real talent from the young part of the cast on "That '70s Show," hire Danny Masterson. He's got more talent in one curly hair than Kutcher has in his big empty body.

No comments: