Thursday, October 16, 2003

Kill Bill, volume 1

There only two good things that came from Pulp Fiction:
1. The story Christopher Walken told the story of the Watch.
2. The soundtrack.

The Man from Hollywood was the worst short in Four Rooms

Jackie Brown was way too slow.

And I have yet to see Reservoir Dogs.

Quentin Tarantino is not my one of my favorite Hollywood people.

And yet, I felt compelled to see Kill Bill. There was something about the style that was shown in the previews, I guess. Maybe it was the costumes, that yellow leather Uma Thurman wears. I don't know what, I was drawn to this film. And I was happy that I spent my eight buck to see it.

The movie isn't in chronological order, which usually bothers the hell out of me, but worked here because it started the film off with a bang. Well, more of a "SMASH! BANG! SQUISH!"

Tarantino uses animation in this film in a way rarely seen, and in many ways it tells the story in a more interesting style than the live action does. More of this beautiful style of animation would be greatly appreciated by this Idiot because this country has to learn that animation is a wonderful storytelling medium that is only for kids because too many jackasses out there think it isn't.

BREATHE! Got off topic there.

Any, I liked Kill Bill, even with my lack of enthusiasm for most things Tarantino. Give it a shot if you don't mind watching limbs hacked off and blood squirting four feet up in the air. And if the end get you to want to see the next one, then you must have really disliked it, but I didn't and will be at the theater in February to see how it comes to an end.

No comments: