Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fat or Thin

The other day, at work, The Manager and Some Customer were talking about clothes and The Manager said, "I don't like shopping there. I can never find something that fits."

"I know what you mean," said Some Customer. "Some things are just too small."

"I know," said The Manager.

And I was confused. The Manager may not be as thin as she once was, but she must be a size five or six. Some Customer was even thinner than The Manager.

Where are they shopping that they can't find clothes big enough to fit? The kids department?

I've never heard a conversation like that one. Skinny girls on the verge of saying they're too fat.

As a fat person, I find it very disturbing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women tend to refuse to step up to the next size if they are ... enlarging a bit. They just keep looking for that size 3 (or 5, or7) that fits. Companies are now beginning to resize clothes by calling what used to be a size 7 a size 5 and women are going for it instead of admitting that they are "thickening" to quote Sean.

The Mooooooo

Anonymous said...

I also find that some skinny girls would call themselves fat to encourage others to tell them they are not.

-wings