Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thanks, but...

I want to thank those of you who offered up advice, but you have to understand that I'm just a worrier.

Here's an example: During the brief time that Heels and Johnny Logic lived in Cowtown and I lived here too, I was invited to their house to go to dinner and then watch The Office. Before getting into my car I started to wonder why I was invited. Did they not have any better plans? Am I just comic relief in the TV show of their life together? Why not someone else? Isn't there someone better than me they can hang out with?

As I got in the car, I knew I was being silly, but my stomach was still moving in funny ways.

Then I started to think about ways that I could be entertaining. Stupid stories about stupid people at work. Some of the crazy things my mother has said during my life. Monkeys going to heaven. You know, things that I thought would make them laugh.

Then I started in with the horrible questions again. All the while, my stomach flipped and flopped.

When I got there, though, everything was fine. My stomach settled and I was who I am. I think it was a fun night and I doubt that either one knew what I thought on my way to see them.

And this isn't an isolated incident.

When I went to Cowcity a couple of weeks ago and headed over to the 'Bucks I used to work I got the horribles. Every time I go to The Bay to see friends and brothers. Trips into Mooville for comics. Practically every time I go anywhere.

My worrying about what did happen and what will happen in deeply ingrained and probably won't go away soon.

Thanks, though. It's nice to know you care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worrying is fine (i love to worry too), but try not to overdo it. Don't let worrying get in the way or have too much control over your life.

Are you coming to the Bay? Why do I keep thinking that you are...hmm..

I have some $ for you if you come to see me....=)

-wings

heels said...

Just so I'm sure that you know: we do enjoy hanging out with you any time we get the chance. I'd say don't worry but... not seeing that happening without drugs anytime in the near future!! Too bad. Your coolness is unappreciated by you.