Monday, June 13, 2005

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

My computer is finally back on the internet.

What? You didn't know it wasn't connected? That's okay, I doubt I ever mentioned it wasn't connected.

I worked early this morning, came back and my dad gave me the phone number to the ISP. It was lost for a while. Don't know where he found it, but I'm glad he did.

Why am I glad? I'm glad because I can load all my music into iTunes so I can put all of it on my iPod. I'm starting with Bloodhound Gang, They Might Be Giants, and Bare Naked Ladies. I need the songs that make me smile along with he ones that make old ladies cringe ("You've had a lot of dick Chasey / But you ain't had mine").

I've decided that I need some Dandy Warhols CDs. I guess that means the next time I'm in The Bay, I'll be hitting a "real" music store since stupid Columbia House (which I joined when I just started college) doesn't have any for sale. It also doesn't have any Everclear for sale, which surprised me since they're played on the pop rock/alternative stations all the time.

Speaking of radio stations, the last time I was in Cow City I discover that my favorite radio station was destroyed by the man. It was mainly an alternative station (and had been for like 14 years) that played music ranging from twenty years, or more, ago to just released. Usually the harder stuff. This station was the first place where I ever heard The Pixies followed by Everclear followed by The Violent Femmes. Awesome. Now it plays anything at anytime, but mostly on the softer side of rock. I heard a Celine Dion (or however you spell that shrew's name) my last day in the city and freaked out. Never again will I be able to bring myself to listen to that station.

Onward:

I'm also catching up with comics and blogs and such that I like to check out but have complicated addresses so they don't stick in my head. Some of the comics are on live journal, which makes it even more difficult since people are crazy and have long usernames or common ones and you have to remember which number they are.

I napped earlier. I didn't mean to. I was reading (currently Little Big Man) and just drifted off. Lucky I didn't roll over and squarsh my glasses. When I woke (to a phone call from my grandma for my mom, which I didn't answer because I wanted to get back to my dream about cloud cats) I had a headache (still do) and my parents were gone (still are) leaving a note saying they're on a bike ride (which I could check on if I really wanted to, but I'm lazy).

If my brothers are out there, here's a Cat and Girl to check out. You'll know why I want you to look at it.

Oh, when I asked for questions, only one person (a brother) out there actually put one to me. He asked, "Waht do you WANT to do?" I think the first word is supposed to be "What" so I'll answer the question "What do you WANT to do?" Is that okay? What I'd like to do is be able to say that I've walked a continuous mile in every country and on every continent because I've actually walked a continuous mile in ever country and on every continent. I've got the US pretty well covered, since I've lived here all my life. I think I've got Mexico covered from my brief visit to Calexico (a very sad city across the boarder) with my uncle several years ago. So, that leave six continents and over a hundred countries. Will this ever happen in my life time? Right now it doesn't seem likely, but I could find a winning Powerball ticket that some orphanage running nun carelessly dropped and was swept away by the wind. If that happens, you won't be seeing me in person, but I'll be sure to update here to make all of you all turn all the shades of envy.

A month ago, I found out the former manager of the 'Bucks I currently work at, who was the reason I quit for those fourish months over a year ago, may become the district manager of the store I'm currently employed at. When I found out, I told The Manager that on the day it happens, I'm putting in my notice. I was serious. I can't work for that guy again. When The Manager rehired me, oh-so-long-ago, she spoke with him and he said to her: "Why did you rehire him? He was gone. We don't need people like him at our stores." Of course, The Manager felt the need to rush right out and tell me what was said by the jackass, and it was only my second day back. Nice, right. A week and a halfish ago, DHOH, who is permanently on disability, so was just visiting, started talking about the jackass coming back and I told her that if he actually became our DM, I'm putting in my notice or transferring to the next closest store where he's not DM. DHOH was shocked. (She keeps imagining that she's coming back to the store, even though she's in so much pain she takes a morphine pill every four hours just to be able to sit for a time.) Today, NBJW asked me not to quit is the jackass becomes our DM. She insists that he'll only be around once a month and I can always get those days off. She claims that The Manager will make sure that I'm not scheduled for those days. I'm not convinced that I could avoid him, especially since he'd be calling the store every week or so. NBJW said I should just avoid answering the phone, which I suppose I could. So, I'm not sure what I'll do if the jackass becomes the DM of our district, but I'm getting worried that NBJW knows something that other don't since she brought this up today.

We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mathnet. Mathnet. Figures of eight.

ticknart said...

I knew you'd know why, but that's not Mathnet.

Mathnet is: "My name in Kate Monday and this is my partner George." "Frankley."