Friday, June 17, 2005

Tay Dripper

The drive was long and the test was easy. Everything was on computer, so we got our scores right away. I did really well. I'm in the fourth group to be called on, which means that I did as good as a person can do who isn't already a state employee (3) or a veteran (2) or a disabled veteran (1). After the test, I found myself hoping that the people working for the state are idiots and then took it back because my stomach started to fill with guilt.

After the test, I cruised through the mall, since everything that involves the state in Cow City is right by a mall. Strange, but true. Anyway, there was a duel purpose to the cruising finding a gift for father's day and getting my parking validated. Luckily, I did that at one store. I also found something for myself, but that's not important.

I drove across town, then, to visit the store I used to work at and head out to lunch with GIESW.

During my last six weeks at that store, I got the feeling that if I put even a little effort forth (like just barely above nothing) and she would sleep with me. For a while, I considered it, but she was sad. (And still is.) I'm smart enough to know that I don't need a sad person to really depend on me. Of course there was that whole I could have sex with her thing, but I didn't want to hurt her which would have made me guilty which would have hurt me which would have hurt her, and created a horrible cycle of hurt and guilt that no one needs. After talking with her yesterday, I know that if I had put forth that effort she would have hated me for it. I'm glad that I didn't.

Next Tuesday is when my name goes on the state list for jobs. Looking forward to that.

2 comments:

heels said...

You mean, you're not a creep?? What a HUGE surprise! (HA!)

Congratulations on doing so well on the test. That is TRULY not a surprise. Did you really think you wouldn't?

ticknart said...

Sometimes, to be honest, I wish I was a creep ("I'm a weirdo," though). At least then I'd get laid, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the test, I figured I'd do well, but the guy giving the half hour speech made me nervous.