Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I don’t know what to say here anymore.

Stories from work have become repetitive. Here, unlike in Cowcity, the people I work with understand that I’m not social, so they don’t try to force me to do things that I don’t want to do. It probably helps that there are three employees over forty (of the rest, only two are older than me, the rest younger) and six employees are mothers. I think that limits how much people want to hang out with each other. Plus, The Manager live forty miles west of the store; Assistant Manager #1 lives forty miles north of the store (closer to another ‘Bucks); and Assistant Manager #2 lives twenty miles to the east. The likely hood of these three wanting to get the store together for a party of any sort is very unlikely. Which is okay with me.

My work days are, as I wrote in the paragraph above, pretty much the same. I go (recently at 4:15AM); I serve (to people who would probably be better spending their money on cigarettes); and I leave (stinking of the stuff I serve). (I wish I spoke Latin. That phrase would be much better in Latin.)

At the end of April, I saw one of the two movies I was/am most excited about this year. The other doesn’t come out until September. It seems funny, to me, that the movies I most want to see are both out side of the summer and winter rush of movies. Sure, I’ve been to the movies since April and I’ll go before September, but the months that bookend the summer hold the ones that I want to see.

I’ve signed up to take one of the many civil service tests for this state. I find it unlikely that it’ll help me to find a job that will become my passion... my reason for living, but it may get me away from ‘Bucks and that’d be very nice. My aunt took the test six months, or so, ago and found a job at the prison, where her husband works, shortly after. She told me that since I can type, I’d get an immediate bump in pay, which would be nice. The test is up in Cowcity at the end of the month, keep your fingers and other crossable extremities crossed for me. I’d appreciate it.

What else to say? I don’t have a clue. Is there anything that YOU, the few there are, want to know? A question YOU really want answered? Something that I can do to help YOU? A wish YOU think I can grant? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waht do you WANT to do?