Thursday, August 24, 2006

Holy Fucking Jealousy, Batman

I was walking to the comic book shop on my lunch (The new Wonder Woman is the only thing I've read so far. The last page was hilarious, especially after the third issue of All Star Superman.) when I heard a guy and a gal talking behind me.

She was, sort of, talking about enjoying a Suicide Girls show that was near here last October. She said, "We really liked that band that was with them. Who were they? Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi?"

"Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re," he said. "Go back and read the interview I did with them. None of them could speak any English. The could only say things like, 'Having very much fun.' and 'We make many new friends.'" He laughed. "And then I'd tell them to put the next girl on."

He laughed again and they continued to chat.

We walked past the newspaper building and they both went in the employee only door. He may sound like a jerk, but I totally want his job.

In other jealousy news, my mom is posting stories and pictures from her (along with my dad) trip to Baja California.

5 comments:

ticknart said...

I really don't think you want me in your club. Really.

ticknart said...

I realize it's only been a minute or so since I wrote that last thing, but the more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

Sometimes SPAM is great.

Anonymous said...

What the heck is attrasso?

Anyway, I've always wanted to work in a comic book store, so I can do the staff's recommendation..

sorry I'll miss you Friday, let's hang out in the city sometime soon...

-wings

Anonymous said...

Tell me you got JLofA 1?

ticknart said...

That comes in the mail. It should be here today or tomorrow. If I get it this week, I'll be ripping it apart on Monday, I'm sure.