Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Readin'

The woman formerly known as "The Supervisor" is "training" the woman who's supposed to become The Supervisor. That means I don't have to watch over my shoulder as much as I waste time reading stuff on the 'net. Which is a great thing because I found a blog that I really enjoy.

Basically, it's a woman who likes comics and likes to talk about comics and she does it with a bit of a feminist slant. On my own, I rarely think of comics in anyway except as a form of escapist entertainment and I like the way she, on her own, looks deeper into the stories and art.

I think I should explain what happens to me when I find a blog with a front page I like. I start reading the archives. From the beginning. I see how the blog started. Usually the first post is a generic this-is-my-blog post, but her fist one is called This is My Sister's Fault. Wonderful. I'm now up to the 25th week of her archives.

An early post compares members of the Green Lantern Corps to the Knights of the Round Table. That was when I knew I'd be checking back daily.

My favorite post, so far is Where's My Adolescent Power Fantasy?

People like her make me wish I participated in more discussion groups. It's unfortunate that most discussion groups quickly devolve into insult-the-poster time rather than actually discussing the topic.

Oh well, at least I have this blog to read.

No comments: