Friday, August 10, 2007

Hop, Skip, and Jump

I clicked over here today thinking I would write about my day, but I really didn't want to. My day wasn't interesting. Nothing important happened. It was a lot like most of the days I've had here. The sun is out, but it isn't too hot. The white trash were out smoking in the park I like to visit at lunch. The work was boring, repetitive, and pretty useless. And I have no idea what I'm going to do for dinner tonight.

Planning on doing a movie thing Saturday. I'm going to make a double feature out of The Bourne Ultimatum and Stardust. Both very different movies. Almost too different, but I've wanted to see the former since I learned that Ludlum had written three books. The latter just looks fun, plus Claire Danes. Afterward I'm thinking of a trip to Fresh Choice for dinner and relaxation. Sunday I'm not going to do anything at all, just lounge around in my undies. How well it will work is not for me to know, but at least I have a plan.

There's a post up over at Trying to Fill the Unforgiving Minute that I keep re-reading. (No, I'm not going to say which.) It relates to a comment that Geewits left here a while ago. I didn't quite get it then. I didn't blow her comment off, but I was a little tetchy when I answered her, though, but my reply was really what I'm worried about and how I think. And then I read this post and I think I understand better. And it makes me think about some of the things that I do and why I do them. And I wonder if the way I deal is the best way. (Although, sometimes it seems like the only way.) Now I'm seriously considering something that I was just toying with a year ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you spend sunday in your undies?

geewits said...

Dude, this is going to keep me from sleeping. What? What? e-mail me at geewits@yahoo.com if you don't want to say here. Or i guess I can go into detective mode and re-read everything from the past two months on both of our blogs. Oh, I so do not want to do that.....whimper.

ticknart said...

Mooooooo -- Well, I wore a t-shirt, too, and when my feet got cold I put on socks, but the day was entirely pantsless!

Geewits -- I'm working on the e-mail. It's not easy.

Jazz said...

You're being cryptic... grrrrr.

ticknart said...

Jazz -- The first two paragraphs were startlingly clear, I thought.