Thursday, August 30, 2007

So Tired

The network went down yesterday morning and didn't come back until some time after work last night and before I got to work this morning. Work is boring with the 'net, without it becomes nearly painful.

Of course, I didn't use the time to do anything productive. (Instead, I read the pilot script for Dark Skies, which I downloaded a few weeks ago to read at a later date.) That means the new Fiction Friday for this week will, if all goes well, be up in the morning when I get to work. If I do not write tonight, then it'll be up sometime in the afternoon.

Which brings me to a question: Should I be writing introductions or postscripts to the stories I put up? Are the few of you who read these short-shorts wanting background? If I do write things like that, would they be better as separate posts? What do you think, Great Uncle?

Jazz wrote a post about things she's done and in it linked to the post that gave her the idea and I tried to list those types of things in my head. Here's what I came up with:
I've been as far south as Mexicali, where I pushed my cousin's stroller around while my uncle and the woman he wanted to have sex with bought pharmaceuticals that weren't quite approved by the FDA to bring back.
I've been as far east as Pittsburgh where I spent way to little time visiting with friend, but enough time so I got to the point when I felt like I was imposing.
I've been as far north as Seattle where my high school band competed in something. I don't think anyone won.
I've been as far west as the beach on the western side of the San Francisco peninsula.
I've also seen the inside of Chicago O'Hare Airport and the one in Houston that has a goofy/creepy statue of George Bush Sr.
I rode what used to be the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world and I'm pretty sure I saw Canada from the top of the first hill.
I've been to a Star Trek convention in Sacramento.
I've gone to multiple comic conventions in San Francisco. Tried selling stuff at one and lost money.
And that's where I stopped because those things are pretty much it. I know "I'm young" and "I have time," but it doesn't feel that way. It doesn't feel that way at all.

And I'm the only person I can blame.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

I've been as far south as Mexicali, where I pushed my cousin's stroller around while my uncle and the woman he wanted to have sex with bought pharmaceuticals that weren't quite approved by the FDA to bring back.


That is hysterical!!! Ya know, Tick, it doesn't just have to be places you've been...

If it doesn't feel like you have enough time, just go out and do things. Course I should talk, had it not been for Mr. Jazz I never would have traveled...

ticknart said...

Jazz, I know it's not just where I've been, but I haven't done anything interesting, that I can think of.

As for my uncle, I'm pretty sure he was thinking that since I was only fifteen I wouldn't know what was going on. Like I'm some sort of idiot.

Anonymous said...

"As for my uncle, I'm pretty sure he was thinking that since I was only fifteen I wouldn't know what was going on. Like I'm some sort of idiot. "

I doubt he'd even thought that far. I think he probably wasn't thinking beyind what Mr. Winkie was wanting.