Thursday, February 19, 2004

Day 10 of the ties-for-the-longest work week ever has come to an end.

That means it's almost over. Tomorrow is the last. I think that toward the end of my shift today my coworkers thought I was a little bit drunk. I was wobbley, giddy, flushed, and talking to myself. Maybe they thought I was spiking my hot chocolate with something. Who knows? Who cares? I'm off this weekend and they can all kiss my ass.

Here are some things that I'd like to do in my life, a short list of goals I suppose, oh and the order isn't how it has to happen, but the most likely way:

  • Write a novel.

  • Achieve critical success.

  • Quit Starbucks.

  • Appear on Fresh Air with Terry Gross.

  • Be picked as an Oprah Book Club book (or whatever woman takes her place as queen of the talk shows).

  • Make lots of money.

  • Quit Starbucks.

  • Get my Master's and maybe PhD.

  • Write the first issue to my Max Kurtz Chronicles comic.

  • Get a good artist.

  • Quit Starbucks.

  • Submit and get accepted by Image Comics (since I don't have the patience for self publishing).

  • Publish the first miniseries on time.

  • Quit Starbucks.

  • Go to a comic book convention as a speaker instead of a paying geek.

  • Write and, perhaps, draw my MOONBILL$ comic strip.

  • Quit Starbucks

Thats for tonight, more tomorrow then I'm off to the Bay on Saturday.

I wish I didn't have to wait.

No comments: