Wednesday, February 04, 2004

List 'o Movies

I want to go to the movies. I really do, but there doesn't seem to be much goodness out there. So, here's a list of the movies I want to see that either aren't out yet, or haven't been to this cowcity.

The Triplets of Belleville. Otis has seen it, and I'm jealous.

King Arthur. I'll admit that the movie looks hokey, but I'm a huge fan of the mythology of Arthur. Besides, it has to be better than First Knight, right? However, if you want good, probable versions of the legends read The Mists of Avalon. It was a good book, but a mediocre movie.

Kill Bill vol. 2. Never much liked a Tarantino film until vol. 1. Hope to enjoy this one as well, even if Lucy Liu is dead.

The Passion of Christ. Even though they put the nails through his palms, I'm very curious about how this movie will play out.

Jersey Girl. I'm a sucker for anything by Kevin Smith.

The Incredibles. Pixar's worst film was A Bug's Life, and that was a good film. Plus, this one's about superheroes.

Shrek 2. I wasn't sure about this one until I saw the trailer, now I'm ready for it. And Eddie Murphy's Donkey is always brilliant.

The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie. I'm a sucker, okay?

Spider-Man 2. See the entry above.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's the best book of the bunch. I've read it five times and listened to the unabridged cassettes eight. I have great hopes for this film, even with a new Dumbledore. Oh, and I still think that the main theme to these films is the best work John Williams has ever done (although the opening theme to Catch Me If You Can comes close).

The Polar Express. I love the book and hope that the movie is just as magical.

The Ladykillers. Who can possibly pass up a new Coen brothers' movie?

Troy. This is sort of like the second entry because I want to see it because I love the mythology that inspired the movie. I've read the entire The Illiad once, but have read about the war with Troy in several different ways. Even thought I prefer The Odyssey, I want to see how this legend is brought to the screen.

No comments: