Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nice, for the Valley

I do not look forward to the drive to Cowtown tonight. The cassette player in the car doesn't like the tape adapter (I'm afraid to try it on one of the real cassettes I have) and squeals when I put it in. That means no listening to myPod. The NPR station I listen to around here is only good for about an hour worth of the drive and it fades in and out constantly as the hills roll. The NPR station that can be heard in Cowtown will fade in around that time, but at seven it starts to play jazz. Jazz is not that good for me. And from there, it's scan the frequencies hoping that there will be something worth listening too, and if not that then at least something familiar I can sing along with.

Hopefully, though, the valley's not too hot tonight. According to the Google weather thingy it's about 88 now, which isn't bad, for the valley, and the highs should be nearing their zenith about now. Right?

And then there's the interview tomorrow. I'm really nervous about this one and not even thinking about a sweet chocolate Jesus makes me feel better. Third time's supposed to be the charm, right? What does that make the fourth time? The sightly pathetic, slightly desperate time?

*sigh*

I know. I know. Calm down. Everything will be okay. Other platitude.

I'll do an okay to spectacular job at the interview tomorrow. I just wish I had another job elsewhere so I could stop doing these things.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

Jazz is not that good for me

Whatcha talkin' about, boy? ;-)


Oh and for the record, I probably had 7 or 8 interviews before I got my present job... You will get out of there.

ticknart said...

And now Jazz is arguing with me. I just can't win.

Yeah, but were you interviewing for a position that's at the exact same level and pay as the one you had back then, or were you going for something that pays more?

Anonymous said...

I keep liking your title for Monday, June 18, "Streaming Pile of..."

I keep seeing that sneering face and hearing that voice, "A steaming pile of dog snot!"