Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Misleading Topic

It's the end of my work day, again.

Were things accomplished?
I suppose it depends on what you mean by "things." Peace still hasn't been established in the Mid East. The whole Pakistan mess just keeps getting worse and there's really no end in sight unless someone is going to commit genocide and kill all the human beings in the Mid East. "Things" related to work were accomplished. Boxes are finished and so of the lists, now it's all up to the nuts in charge to decide when they get out of here, but that's out of my hands.

How was the day, in general?
Warm. It's probably in the mid-eighties. Right around the range where I'd rather be wearing shorts than pants, but not so hot that my legs are on fire as soon as I step outside. My feet, however, would much rather be in sandals than shoes. Darn me and my attempt to look semi-professional at work!

Doing anything interesting?
Not really. I have to run to the store after work; there are things to be picked up. And I plan on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. It'll only cost five bucks. Not bad. And it seems like a not too horrible way to use up three hours of my life. Also, it can't be any worse than the second movie, right? At least Geoffrey Rush is in this one more than 60 seconds and he'll keep me entertained, right?

Anything else?
I found a flea on me here at work. If a flea shits, I crushed the shit out of it. I don't know if it came with me from my apartment or if I got it here, but I'm getting kind of paranoid. Every time there's an itch or a tingle on my skin I freak out thinking there's another one on me. So far there hasn't. Hopefully it was an isolated incident and I got it from that dog that was in the lobby of the building at lunch. I hope it was gotten here. Last summer there were fleas all over the place where I, and the other people who live in my building, park our cars. Everyday, after work, I'd strip down, hop in the shower, turn on the water, and sit in the stream looking over my body, mostly my legs, to get rid of the little blood suckers. It didn't always work.

Dear Monkey Christ, I hope that's it.
It is, right after I thank Anonymous for leaving me my first spam comment. Thank you. I feel like I've really made it as a blogger.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

Fleas? At work? Ewww...

Your day seems to be pretty much the same as mine...

ticknart said...

Fleas are yucky anywhere.