Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reunion '07

I've pretty much decided not to go to the high school reunion. (I have one more feeler out there and if this person in going, I'll end up going.)

It seems that the few people worth seeing at such a thing who I'm in semi-regular contact with aren't going, so why should I?

Plus, I'm going to a wedding this weekend and some of those people will be there.

I'm glad there's one less trip to Cowtown in my future. It's not that I don't like going to Cowtown, it's just that it's a long trip (3.5 hours there, if traffic is good) that cost $60 in gas money each time. And it'll be freaking hot there in July.

6 comments:

geewits said...

Is there another Cowtown besides Fort Worth? You are wise about the reunion. Mine went like this:
5th - fun and exciting because I had not seen those people in years, plus I showed up unexpectedly at the last minute.
10th - sucked because none of my good friends went.
15th - only fun for the shock value. I went with my high school boyfriend.
I'm not going to any more.

geewits said...

Ha ha! I've had too much beer. That should have been 10th, 15th and 20th.
I promise this is the last time I will leave 2 comments in a row.

Jazz said...

Reunions suck. I might've gone to my univesity reunion, but I had the choice between that and going to Indonesia. Guess what won?

ticknart said...

Geewits, you may write as many comments in a row as you like. It's okay with me. Hell, that goes for everyone!

Anyway, I think there's at least one Cowtown per state. They're everywhere!

Jazz, I'm guessing you choose the reunion, but got sick at the hotel the night before by eating some bad shrimp and spent the next two days sitting on the tiolette wishing you had gone to Indonesia. Am I right?

All in all, to anyone who's reading, not just the two who commented, I think I wrote too soon. Someone worth going to the reunion for wrote me back last night saying she was going and now I think I'll be going, too. Life's funny that way.

Anonymous said...

Hey so when is that reunion? I may go since I still live here in town of cow.

ticknart said...

Some time later this month, Matt.