Friday, June 15, 2007

Or Not To Go

So, I got an invitation to my high school reunion the other day. The original RSVP date, May 21, had been crossed out and June 30 had been written in. (That was nice, seeing how they've yet to invent a way for me to mail things back in time.) The reunion is in July.

The more I think about it, the less I want to go. It's supposed to be some kind of fancy cocktail party thing and I'm not a fan of things like that. And it's going to be held at a golf course where there are no trees and it'll be blindingly hot. I'd be more comfortable if it was a barbecue at the Lyon's Club, or something.

And now I feel guilty for even suggesting that I don't want to go to something where I'll be uncomfortable in just about every way I can think.

In happier news, in 26.25 hours I'll be at a "Weird" Al concert. That should be fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reunion - call some of your friends and find out of they are going. Is so, it will be fun the visit with them. If they aren't going, don't go.

Weird Al - Did I heard Dad ask you to get him a shirt?

Jazz said...

High school reunions? Never. Never ever. I hated High School, and there's no one from there I'd ever want to see again.

heels said...

We decided that $40 per person was WAAAY too much to pay so that we could be evil and snarky.

There's supposed to be a cocktail thingy the night before at a bar/restaurant in Twain Harte. We think we'll be descending then instead. With friendly reinforcements!

Plus, I think hardly anybody has RSVP'd- the fact that the date on your card was scratched out just reinforces that.

ticknart said...

Mooooo, I guess, but it looks like, with Heels's comment, two of them just dropped out. And he was suggesting that I buy one for myself.

Jazz, there are a few people from high school that I'm still in contact with who I like to visit with on occasion. They'd be the only reason to go to such a thing.

Heels, even though I have the $40, I think it's way too expensive, too. And I'd be just as uncomfortable at a cocktail party, why would I want to drive 100+ miles for that if I'm not going to the real reunion the next day? Maybe if I'd get a job in the area so the drive wasn't as far, but we've all seen how that's gone in the last six months.

heels said...

The "party" is actually just whoever wants to show up at the Eprosen (sp?) House that night. It's not actually an organized thing. It doesn't cost anything but the price of drinks, though they might be free for a DD. We'll probably just hang out with each other- just an excuse to get out of the house. If we see other people, fine. Drive down and hang out with us! Or don't and I hope we'll see you sometime soon anyway...

ticknart said...

It's just a LOOOOOONG drive to go to a cocktail party. And the drive is getting expensive.

Even if I don't see you then, I'll be seeing you at the end of this month for the wedding.