Monday, July 16, 2007

100 Questions, Comments, or Observations

1. Why can't people seem to learn the difference between "then" and "than"?
2. I liked Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, even with all it's flaws.
3. I wish the wizard's duel in The Lord of the Rings had been half as interesting as the one in this movie.
4. There's a 24 ounce bottle of Pepsi in front of me.
5. Why is a 12 oz can one serving, but a 24 oz bottle three?
6. I don't think people use the word "labe" nearly enough.
7. Is it more graphic than using a euphemism?
8. Sometimes, it smells like dog shit is following me around, but when I check my shoes and pants, they're clean.
9. Last week, I had to change my password; I'm still having trouble remembering that it's changed.
10. There's an interview scheduled for me next Tuesday in Cowtown.
11. I'm jealous of everyone who goes to 1001 Pots.
12. I miss playing with clay.
13. Why didn't they keep in the part where Neville and Harry are working side by side?
14. [A]n absurd little bird / Is popping out to say "cuckoo."
15. Why do people say "hella"?
16. Green Arrow and Black Canary still shouldn't get married.
17. Slash is both fun and horrifying.
18. How can that be?
19. There are some things that I really hate.
20. I'd really like a thunderstorm to sweep through here.
21. Rain pounding down and forks of lightening and booming thunder are things I enjoy.
22. I don't find butt crack sexy.
23. Do you?
24. The world of fan fiction is a dangerous place.
25. Am I the only person in the world?
26. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that the people and things I see are actually there.
27. Even touching, smelling, hearing, and tasting sometimes seem unreal.
28. I just re-read Interstellar Pig.
29. Who out there has ever even heard of it?
30. There's a Wikipedia page for it, though.
31. Didn't know there was a sequel.
32. This is a really cool picture.
33. What do you surf for?
34. Where do you go each day?
35. When did you visit first?
36. Was the first the best?
37. Or does it get a little better each time?
38. Why isn't the second step any easier than the first?
39. My work is boring.
40. I don't really want to go back to my apartment after work, though.
41. I lied to the person on the phone who called earlier.
42. Loony Luna Lovegood was really great.
43. Narguls.
44. Sometimes, I think popularity is the answer.
45. Or maybe it was the answer.
46. Can ruts ever be so deep things can't get out?
47. What did you do when you realized what your biggest problem was?
48. Mumford was on TV Saturday.
49. I like that movie, a lot.
50. I wish I owned it.
51. Why don't more people talk about it?
52. They didn't crap out in the end.
53. I've only brought two things with me to work.
54. The first was a cork coaster.
55. It doesn't work well.
56. The second is the box of Kleenex, although not really Kleenex.
57. I refuse to supply work space with personal belongings.
58. Although, a little fan would be nice.
59. It's the principle of the thing.
60. Shouldn't I have principles?
61. My Pepsi is gone.
62. It was warm, by the end.
63. Thinking of good things last week made me sad.
64. I miss clay, did I mention that?
65. I wish I had a wheel.
66. I wish I had a couple of kilns.
67. I wish I had the stuff that glaze is made of.
68. I miss the smell, most of all.
69. If I still did pottery, it would have been on that list last week.
70. The Dark is Rising movie looks really disappointing.
71. Like they only kept the title and character names and threw the rest out.
72. What's the point of that?
73. Why not believe that many kids are smart enough to handle the material?
74. It's lasted for more than 30 years for a reason, right?
75. Faith in people is a hard thing to keep, isn't it?
76. Some days, the sun is just too damn bright.
77. I don't understand.
78. Also, I don't stand under.
79. Why are there so many characters named Arthur that I empathize with?
80. Batman sucks, but not always.
81. I just want it to be pay day.
82. Labor day is a long way off.
83. Can sunburns really be beneficial?
84. Woke up before 6AM yesterday and couldn't get back to sleep.
85. Got dough and cheese ready for my dinner tonight.
86. When I get back I roll and spread and sprinkle and back.
87. And it's not pizza I'm making.
88. Although, pizza's not a bad idea.
89. I know what I want to write for Friday, but I haven't started.
90. Is it really life that gets people down?
91. Soundwave was my favorite Transformer.
92. The movie was okay, but really all I want in a Transformer movie are giant robots; they're all the people I need.
93. Did anyone watch the cartoon for Spike, Sparkplug, or (ugh!) Daniel?
94. I liked the movie with the rat better.
95. I stepped in gum.
96. Minty.
97. I used dish soap to clean my carpet.
98. Am I the only person who thinks autumn is the best season?
99. I don't care about where the flowers went.
100. Will people ever learn when to use an "e" and when to use and "a" properly?

6 comments:

geewits said...

1. Okay what were you baking with dough and cheese?

2. You're lucky if all you are getting are the "thens vs. thans" I see a lot of "your right" and "I should of". (insert choking sound here)

3. It always takes me a while after I change my password to realize that I have, in fact, changed my password.

4. Why would thinking of good things make you sad?

5. Have you seen a doctor about possibly suffering from depression?

6. Isn't there some place you can go to work with clay?

Jazz said...

Damn, I love this. I have to poach it from you and do it sometime.

11. If you come to montreal between now and mid-August, I'll take you.

12. There's gotta be someplace you can do that.

22. Me either

32. I love that

33. Pretty much anything

34. My bloglist

39. I hear you. So is most people's actually.

57. Most of my work space is personal. After 13 years it adds up

63. Why?

79. Like Arthur Dent?

ticknart said...

Geewits --
1. It's a loaf with all the fixings of Reuben Sandwich. It's called Reuben Loaf. I used too much cheese, though.

2. "Thens vs. thans" aren't the only things I'm getting, but at least your two examples are are homonyms (annoying, though they are), but "then" and "than" don't sound alike. And I do get annoyed when I hear people speak and use "then" when they should say "than," too.

3. It's just annoying, isn't it?

4. Three out of the five I haven't done in a long time. One out of the other two, I don't do often enough. And the fifth one has been used more for numbing recently rather than (not effin' "then") for being happy.
And for some reason, happy always makes me think of sad. Don't know why.

5. I've thought about it. But what if I am? Do I take a pill? Am I still me with the pills? Or am I someone else? Which am I, really?
Or worse, what if I'm not?

6. I could probably go to the Jr. College in the fall, but I really don't want to have to do classwork.

Jazz --

Feel free. For some reason, though, now I think I should have done 101.

11. If I had the money, and a Passport, I'd happily take you up on it.

12. See #6 up above.

22. Glad to know that I'm not alone.

32. A Wrinkle in Time

33. Pron?

34. Where else?

39. It shouldn't be, though, should it?

57. Only two things in two years for me. At this rate, I'll have 13 things in 13 years.

63. I drank it over two and a half hours.

79. Arthur Dent, most assuredly. Also, Arthur from The Tick, Arthur from the movie Arthur (but not, so much, the sequel), Arthur the Aardvark, Arthur Weasly, Arthur Curry, AKA Aquaman, and the granddaddy of them all King Arthur.
There's also Chauncy Gardiner, from Being There who I proclaim an honorary Arthur.

Anonymous said...

~ "There's also Chauncy Gardiner, from Being There who I proclaim an honorary Arthur." ~

Yes, he really should have been named Arthur.

"I like to watch, Eve."

ticknart said...

Moooooo -- HA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, an unknown classic movie. Everyone should watch it at least once.

Is YOUR TV remote working?