Monday, July 09, 2007

Lunch @ Noon

Usually, it's at one.
There's a meeting today at 1:30, though.
The meeting is to introduce us a new program to help the DIR modernize.
The program won't be put into place until Fall of 2008.
How can I form an opinion of this program if I've never used it?
Why show us the bare bones more than a year before we'll be trained on it?
Obviously, they don't want any constructive criticism from us.
Which seems really stupid, to me.

At lunch, I'm moving my car to the garage across the street.
It's 75¢ per hour, but it's worth it today.
I'm also wearing my sandals back to work.

I'm going to try my best not to ask any questions at the meeting.
I get to leave work as soon as it's over.
When they announce the end, I'm heading down stairs and across the street.
I'll climb in my car and drive off as quickly as I feel safe to drive.

If I get to Cowtown before 8 PM, I'm going to drop by my grandparents' house.
It's my grandma's birthday today.
I was supposed to be there all day.
Actually, I was going to meet her and all those who went after church yesterday.
I couldn't though.
I was here.

My interview is in barely over 24 hours.
I'm not ready.
I don't feel good about it.
I'm tired of doing interviews.
Maybe if I'm made a hostage during a break-out they'll feel guilty and hire me.
What am I thinking, this is the state, they'd never hire anyone like that.

At the wedding on the 30th, I thought about begging for a job.
I didn't, though.
I'm not that kind of person.
But I thought about it for a few minutes while I was talking to the man.
Then he mentioned how lots of people abuse the Workers' Comp system.
I got mad at that.
Lots of people don't.
All it takes is one jackass to ruin it for everyone.
(Believe me, I know, I'm a state employee, I know the jackass in my office who ruined it for everyone.)
I'd say that out of the 20,000+ files we have, there are between ten and fifteen that are for people who have/are abusing the system.
The rest just want to get better and get back to work.

Lunch.

5 comments:

heels said...

I'd love to be able to hire you, I'm just trying to figure out how...

choochoo said...

I once worked with a jackass who ruined it for everyone. I take comfort in the fact that he had a nervous breakdown wich lead him to run through town completely nekked.

ticknart said...

Heels -- And I'd take it after only a minute of though.

Choochoo -- I wish this guy would have nervous breakdown, but he works for the state and I think he gets off on his jackassedness.

heels said...

How'd the interview go?

ticknart said...

It sucked greasy donkey balls, unless you like that sort of thing, in which case it sucked dry camel labe.