Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Beginning's End

The month has come to an end and it seems that the only thing I have accomplished is renewing my car insurance. Yes, my car is insured, as long as I keep up with the payments, for another six months.

If I wanted to lie to everyone, I'd say that next month will be different. That it'll be better. I'll do more things that I want to do. I'll be promoted at work, or get hired at a better job. I'll go on dates every weekend. I'll win the lottery. I'll become thin.

But we all know that's not really going to happen.

I'll do nothing too interesting. I'll stay at the same job in the same position. I won't go an any dates. Winning the lottery will continue to elude me. And I'll remain as rotund as ever.

The date is ever changing, but apparently I'm not.

I wonder if there's an albatross around my neck?

No comments: