Sunday, June 20, 2004

A Day in the Life of...

I had a real day off today. No school. No work. Just a day.

Something odd about me is that when I have to set my alarm for work in the morning, I, nearly, always sleep up to the horrible "EEEEEENT! EEEEEEENT!" but on my days off, I'm awake sometime between seven-thirty and eight. This morning, it was seven-thirty.

I was awake, so I did my laundry. Work clothes don't smell like coffee. Aprons are once again green, rather than the chocolate brown they become. And I once again have clean socks.

I also used this day to do some room cleaning. I now have much carpet, rather than a path leading from the door to the computer to the bed to the door. I was hoping to find the things I'm missing, but to little avail. I found a Neal Stephenson book, Zodiac, so I guess that was loaned to me my Heels, and not Snowcrash, like I thought. I couldn't find my Star Trek Armada CD, though. I had time today. I wanted to play. I'm not terribly far, halfway through the Klingons, I think. I want to get father, play the Borg, or Romulans, or whoever comes next.

Since I didn't find the game, I spent the rest of the day reading. Mostly early strips from Bob and George, but also some of the book I'm reading.

I'm headed for sleep now, work in the morning.

No comments: