Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Leavin' Me

The number of people leaving the 'Bucks I work at this month has just increased by one. That brings the grand total up to 7 (maybe 8, but I have to check out that last one, it could be a joke). The most recent one came in today and said he got hired somewhere else, he starts tomorrow and can't work the rest of the week. The worst thing about these people leaving is that they are some of the best people to work with.

Sure, they may not be able to make the drinks or help customers, but they make my time at the 'Bucks more enjoyable. All but two (or one if the rumor is true, see the last paragraph) of the most fun people are leaving. *Sigh*

The funny/odd thing to go along with all of this is that when I was on my lunch break, I heard the ASSistant manager speaking on the phone saying that someone put in her notice yesterday, and (I think she was joking) she, the ASSistant, wondered how many more people she can get to give their notices before the Manager gets back on Monday. Twenty minutes later, the guy came in and said today was his last day. I started laughing.

Maybe this is a sign. Maybe I'm supposed to poison the coffee, or something. Maybe I'm supposed to break glass all over the floor. Maybe I'm supposed to kick each customer and employee in the shins. Maybe not.

No comments: