Thursday, June 24, 2004

Waltzing with Hedwig

With my recent obsession with Harry Potter (see the June 21st entry for further details), I watched the first movie today. (I think I would have started reading the books again, but I only have my copy of the fifth book with me, and that's not the right place to start rereading the series, is it? I'd be like starting to reread the Dragonlance books with Legends book 2: War of the Twins, wouldn't it?) Just finished the movie in fact. And, as with any pretty good movie, I noticed something new. No, it's not something that's missing, I think I noticed all of those things by the second time I watched the movie. What I noticed was that the main musical phrase, I guess is what it could be called, entitled Hedwig's Theme is a waltz. It's got that definite 1, 2, 3, 4 idea that's always underneath what the music is doing.

A waltz.

Huh.

It's given me an idea of what to do with my slowly growing Flash skills. I think I want to do a sort of Fantasia thing with Hedwig's Theme. Strange shapes waltzing with each other across the screen. Twirling, changing, multiplying with the music. Hopefully very strange. I've got to start sketching this out.

If I ever complete it (although really starting on it will be an enormous move for me), that'll be the day that I will guarantee that I'll get my own website. Before that day, you'll have to live with my blogs.

No comments: