Sunday, August 01, 2004

Dreams

I have, to the best of my recollection, two very different recurring dream. One started back in the fourth grade, when I was nine. Every time I've dreamed it, it is exactly the same. I think I have it once or twice a year. The other dream started during my first year of college, and I had it again last night. This dream isn't as static as the other one, there are always minor differences.

The dream is basically a chase. I'm running around a town, which I don't recognize, and the college I go to, but I've never actually seen the buildings. I don't know who I'm running from, only that he or she drives a black boxy looking car.

It usually starts with me in the middle of a street in town running from the car, and it did this time too, but that was all that was exactly the same. I turn down side streets an alleys hoping to dodge the person, but he or she (somehow I know that it's only one person) is always there. I end up smashing the window of a white mini-van. I hop into the driver, pull out a screwdriver from my pocket, and jam it into the steering column so I can start the car. The engine revs up and I peel out, the black car behind me. I head for campus think that I can lose the person when he or she will have to get out and follow me on foot.

I drive as fast as I can. The tires squeal as I turn around corners. I ignore all the stop lights and the stop signs. I just want to get to campus, get away from this person who's after me.

Finally, I see the library building, which is eight stories high with stairs circling the outside. I turn the car on a road that runs parallel to campus. I press harder on the gas pedal, take my seat belt off, crack the door, then jump. My body rolls across grass, then concrete, then grass again. I spring to my feet and run for the library. I run across the quad, dodging the Frisbee players, people doing home work, the mermaid fountain, and loose goats. I can't see the black car, but I can hear it's engine. I'm still being followed. I'm at the front of the library.

I decide to go up the stairs instead of going inside, so I head around to the back and take the stairs two at a time. Halfway through the third story, a guy I know, Jack, is coming down the stairs. He tells me that he knows someone is after me and that the only way I can get away is to fly away. He pulls my arm and says we have to get to the seventh floor so I can jump. I don't know what to do, but soon I can hear heavy foot steps coming up the stairs. I turn to Jack and we run up the stairs.

We stop at the door to enter the seventh floor. I climb up onto the railing and look out over the campus. I look back at Jack, he has a huge grin on his face.

I woke up.







Oh, on a different note, it sickens me how interested I am in seeingthis movie.

No comments: