Thursday, August 05, 2004

"Okay, hair doll, but you have to be quiet this time."

Feelin' better this evening. I've watched some movies, eaten popcorn, and the flesh from my cheeks is rotting away because of the SweeTarts.

SweeTarts, though tasty, are dangerous. If you let only eight or nine of them dissolve in the same place (lower right side of mouth, between the last molar and cheek, for me) then rub your tongue over it, loose bits of flesh, that weren't there before, will now be floating around in your mouth. Then what do you do? Do you swallow them? Do you get a napkin to wipe the flesh off your tongue? Do you rinse with water? Or do you just gather up as much as you can in the center of your mouth and spit? Such wonderful options from such a delicious candy. Maybe the red ones undo the damage the other colors cause, but I don't like the red ones, so I'll never know. If you want the pile of red SweeTarts I have left over, let me know.

Today contained two movies. One for laughing and one for thinking.

The thinking one was The Fog of War, a documentary that was mostly Robert McNamara, former Secretary of Defense for Kennedy and Johnson, talking to a camera or over footage from wars or himself with a president or alone and the occasional recorded conversation he had with a president. The movie was excellent, but I was disappointed that he wasn't willing to speak more about Vietnam and the only stuff to learn about his time with the World Bank was in the special features. Sure, he said he didn't want to say more about Vietnam, which ended that conversation, but what about all the stuff he did after his time in government? I'd like to know more.

The laughing movie was Slackers. I rented this movie for one reason, Jason Schwartzman is in it. He's one of the most brilliant comedic actors of my generation. Don't believe me, watch this movie and Rushmore. In my opinion, the movie was about Ethan (Schwartzman's character) blackmailing cheaters at his college so he can get a girl. Ethan is evil and ruthless and hilarious. There's also a love story between the girl and one of the cheaters who started out spying on her but fell in love (*gag*), a singing sock (you have to see it to believe it), and Laura Prepon with her bra showing (always nice). The only thing I hated was the happy ending. You know, the girl learns the guy had spied on her and hates him, but when he's honest with her in the end, she kisses him, when she should have decked him and gone back to the test. The song Ethan sings at the very end kinda makes up for the crappy love story ending though.

No comments: