Wednesday, April 11, 2007

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRG!

It's 4:30 and I've been trying to catch-up with my work and I couldn't figure out anything interesting to write about so I haven't blogged today, but I don't want to not blog.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure it does.

Anyway, what did I do yesterday? Oh, I reformatted my main hard drive, again, and installed Windows XP Professional. Tonight I'll reinstall XSI and try to get the damn licencing thing to work so my dongle will be primed and I'll be able to start doing some freakin' modelin' started.

Also, yesterday I went to Burger King for lunch. I used to really like that place. The Whopper was a sandwich truly built for kings. Now, though, after I eat one I burp it up all day. I'd like to blame the gas on changes to the sandwich, but it's probably just me getting older and gassier.

I ate dinner around 9:30 last night. I had a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream. Bryers. Good chocolate ice cream. Good chocolate covered almonds. The swirl of marshmallow cream doesn't really work though; it just kind of blends into the ice cream. The whole point of having marshmallows is the squishy texture opposing the crunch of the almonds after the ice cream melts in your mouth and the chewing begins.

Read JSA comics while formatting. Stephen Sadowski will, I think, forever be my favorite penciler to grace those pages. He draws the best looking Wonder Woman, period. Sure, it's Hippolyta he's drawing, but... wow. It's especially great when she's in the white bustier instead of the usual gold. I wish he'd come back to drawing the Justice Society.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

I haven't been able to eat BK or McD or any of those hamburgers... well, ever, really. Every time I have one it seems to stay in my stomach for 3 days, reminding me why I never eat there...

Bleh.

ticknart said...

At least you don't have fond memories of the food that, when you pass the place, part of you desires the food. It's very unhelpful.

Anonymous said...

Here's the deal with Burger king: They were once a flame broiled haven from the UK using only the 'freshest' of vegies and 'flame-broiledest' of 'meats' ... Well, one day, in an effort to make money, BK was sold to a shitty American company who feels that, to this day, if one freezes a burger that was already 'flame' broiled and heat it up on a conveyor-belt that goes through some shitty pizza-oven-wannabe-microwave.

You will get gas. It's best to eat at Carl's Jr. They're still delicious.

ticknart said...

But Carl's Jr isn't just a short walk from work. I actually have to walk to my apartment, get in my car, drive there. Not fun. Burger King is close and occasionally temptation wins.

Anonymous said...

In this case, have you tried their 'stacker' or chicken 'fries'?

ticknart said...

No, because the Whopper is traditional and I only go there a few times a year.