Friday, January 05, 2007

Avoiding Things

I've been avoiding work and thinking about my... *sigh* ...car by doing two things:
1) I visited craigslist.org and looked at apartment prices in Cowcity because, due to the overwhelming amount of mail I've received from that area, it's probably where I'll end up working. I've sent back six or seven forms saying that I'm interested in an interview and I hope that they come back soon. Even with The Supervisor leaving (And now, not only are they having a pizza luncheon two days before her last day, they're passing around a collection so we can buy her something. The collection was started TMSV who doesn't seem to realize that she no longer has to kiss The Supervisor's ass.) I'm ready to move on. There's no mobility here. None at all.

I bookmarked some sites of places that, online at least, seem desirable and fairly close to where I'll most likely be working, downtown. Rent there, even downtown, seems to be comparable or better than here. I saw a lot of 1 bedroom places going for between $600-$700 a month and I saw lots of 2 bedrooms up to $800. Right now I'm paying $750 for my lone bedroom, so it looks like the move may save me some money.

2) I ordered a whole lot of music. There goes a healthy chunk of the money I got for Christmas. Ah, well, it'll be nice having more music to listen to.

I honestly can't say that doing either thing was helpful, but I now have some things to look forward to.

6 comments:

Queenie said...

I am busy trying to apply scientific knowledge that I do not own.
AAAAHHHHHHHH!

Which job do you want most?

Q

Queenie said...

Also, see where you have yout Tags?
Right there by the mumblings?
I also do not own the knowledge to do that.
Sigh.
:(

Q

Queenie said...

...And what the hell is a glish?

Q

ticknart said...

Glish according to the Urban Dictionary is "adj. describing something that is so dorky, nerdy, or simply uncool by conventional standards that it becomes cool in an interestingly subversive manner."

As for the tags, you have to switch over to what was once Blogger Beta. I have no idea if it's called something else now.

otis said...

hey cool. Back to Sac.

My advice is to look for places in the upper alphabet, higher numbered streets. They tend to be cheaper than the rest of MT/DT without having that delightful hobo urine bouquet,

ticknart said...

Not moving yet. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the locations.